Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ty's first date

I love this picture of Ty and Amanda. No, Amanda was not his date....they doubled. This was taken when they were leaving to pick up Emily.

Ty, Emily, Amanda, Preston and Emily's friend at the Thornton's. I wish I would have got a picture of Ty walking to the door with the flowers. He looked a little nervous, which is funny because he and Em are buds.

At dinner.....

At the dance

Amanda and Preston having fun until......... Ouch! So the weather was really bad so we had the kids take my Excursion to the dance in Salt Lake. All went well until they were on the way home from dropping Emily off. They were even on time. Amanda slid off the road at the bottom of View point at 12:02 a.m. Dec. 14. Two minutes into her 18th birthday. Happy Birthday Amanda!!


This foundation is where the Rocky Mountain power box in the picture below was. Ty said when they hit sparks flew and they thought the car was going to blow up. Some of the people in View Point saw the flash, just before their power went out. She took the power out in about 125 homes. All in our ward and the part that just split off. She got lots of attention at church on Sunday. To her defence, the hill has a very steep grade and the power box is right at the bottom before you turn. They missed a 25-30 foot drop off by 18". I couldn't believe when I saw the tracks how close they were to getting really hurt. I'm hoping to get my car back to day, Jan. 6.



2 comments:

Jenn Lunt said...

Maryann- I cannot believe how fast they have grown! I remember babysitting Ty and Amanda when they were babies, that makes me feel old!! Im glad everything seems to be going better; home, car, etc ;)

taylor tt said...

hi its tay tay i love all the great times we have together as a family iii cant wait until we get our lastest pictures posted!!!!